Thursday, March 25, 2010

Playtest 1 In progress

Aaron and Roman have had the scenario read to them, and after a degree of infighting have understood what their weapon and armor limitations are. Furthermore, they understand the new defense and combat system, which closer mimics the mechanics of heroic combat of Europe and Greece in the Bronze Age, proving that to existing gamers the mechanic of multiple body targets is nothing too radical. However, I still intend to mostly roll back this reform, as it conflicts with the massed combat of Assyria, Babylonia, Egypt, and of course the Hittites. Instead, I will offer similar abilities in a 'warrior' style class.

Having struggled with illustrations I find myself wanting to include illustrations from The Ancient World at War in my tables.

.....Aaron just asked me if he could play a Monk, then changed his mind. Unarmed combat was something I was completely unprepared to consider in my new rules system. More evidence that it should be rolled into the existing ruleset using the normal modification structures as opposed to direct rule change.

Prediction: as level one characters against 2 well-equipped opponents in melee combat each, they are going to get slaughtered...

1 comment:

  1. I chose to force Aaron and Roman to have a very limited amount of money to force them to choose (in a very Bronze Age manner) among various armor and weapon choices.

    ....Roman just figured out that he can borrow from his big brother. Argh.

    ReplyDelete