Monday, March 22, 2010

Haven't updated in a while...Playtest 1

Yesterday, I was supposed to undergo Playtest 1 of my project, and I had most of what I'd wanted produced:
  • A very short encounter (two statted adversaries)
  • A completed table of weapons and armor
  • A reformed combat system
  • A reformed armor system

However, my brothers were unavailable and I must reschedule the Playest. In lieu of the attempt, I am going to pre-reflect on some of the things I will be changing in my project:

  1. I will try to use existing rules rather than modify new ones. The new armor system, while logical, was complicated and impossible to figure out. It'd be possible to simply create a series of Feats, Skills, and Class features that mimic the system without fundamentally changing game mechanics
  2. I will drop the reforms that I think should happen for any D&D game and focus specifically on the ones necessary to adapt the system to Chariot of Fate, which is the title of my new system.

Contact me if you know anybody willing or interested to playtest.

No comments:

Post a Comment