Thursday, April 8, 2010

Post-Exhibition Night 2 update

Yesterday evening, seniors gathered in the gym with trifold science-fair boards and spoke about their projects to interested community members. In my customary fashion, I was last-minute about my poster and forgot to invite the people I'd wanted to invite. However, I felt leaving the night that it was a success, and my feedback confirmed it, glowingly. There was the first public unveiling of my approach to product - essentially, a small handbook of tips for making a Bronze Age campaign after trying myself unsuccessfully. The product discussion, containing as it did an intrinsic discussion of the process and experience of my project (and my failures), proved quite popular and highly reviewed. Now, as I review my feedback, I'm asking myself: where do I go next?

I don't mean about my research revisions, which I know need to get done. And I'm not sure I really mean the product in the full sense, or even a benefit (my current concept of a benefit is posting this advice online on this ruleset and maybe on the Wizards of the Coast forums). I'm talking about my own personal development of the project. Life and Society in the Hittite World came in last Friday, and I aim to collect it today. I'm interested in reading it for my own personal satisfaction and enrichment. I'm not too sure I'm interested at all in annotating it. Likewise, I would like to incorporate my Bronze Age campaign progress into a campaign, but I'm not sure I want to accept the mental restrictions on accuracy I place by making it a project. I'll have to think on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment